Prof. (Dr.) Balbir S. Tomar,
- M.B.B.S., M.D., M.C.H. (USA), M.I.A.P., M.A.H.T. (ENGLAND), F.I.A.P. (USA), F.A.A.P. (USA), F.I.C.A. (USA), F.A.C.U. (LONDON)
- Pediatric-Gastroenterology: Kings College Hospital School of Medicine, University of London, London (U.K.)
- Pediatric Nutrition: Harvard University (USA),
- W.H.O. Fellow in Child Health in USA,
- Commonwealth Medical Fellow in London (UK)
“Learn to practice and practice to learn” is the philosophical doctrine that guided Professor (Dr.) Balbir S. Tomar to establish the Nims University to excel in higher education sector. As a practioner, Professor Tomar, the chief architect of the University experimented with the vision of providing affordable world class education in all professional and technical courses. His outstanding professional caliber and proven research acumen have been acknowledged in the form of fellowships and awards at national and international level.Professor Tomar has an outstanding career in health and medical sciences and his passion for quality education is reflected throughout the professional milestones achieved by him.
Prior to his success in the experimentation at Nims University, he has served Institute of Pediatric Gastroenterology, S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur (Rajasthan, India) as head and director. He is a member of International & National level Gastro-Intestinal/Medical Societies like NASPGN, APPSPGAN, ISPGN, and GAI & IAP. He had been Investigator/ Co-investigator in research projects funded by DST, ICMR, WHO, UNICEF. He is consultant in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepathology, experienced in teaching of U.G. & P.G. medical, nursing, dietetic & paramedical students.
He has been on the panels of evaluators of member of Country programmes, IMCR & WHO and also involved in setting up of several diagnostic and research techniques in Pediatric Gastroenterology, in-vetro organ culture system, hepatitis viral infections, surviving tests for metabolic liver diseases in children.He has been guest faculty/invited speaker/ chairperson of various International & National level conferences, He has been guest speaker / chaired / participated in various international conferences / congress on Pediatric Gastroenterology held in different countries viz. USA, UK, Russia, Japan, Italy, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Poland, Austria, Singapore, Bangkok, Taiwan, South Koria, Malaysia, Hongkong, Turkey, Pakistan, Sri-Lanka, UAE, Libya, Kuwait, Iran.
He has been editor of various journals. He is the author of several books and published 72 research papers in National & International Journals.
Awards – International
- World Health Organization Fellowship for the year 1983
- Commonwealth Medical Fellowship for the year 1988.
- International Award for the year 1995-1996 of the International Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition for outstanding contribution in the field of Pediatric Gastroenterology, He-pathology & Nutrition.
Awards – National
- “Rajiv Gandhi Award 1998” for Excellency in the field of Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- National Award for Excellency in Pediatric Gastroenterology 1995 by “Indian Academy of Pediatrics”.